1.NUMBER OF POSTS : The current proposal is for appointment of 27 Assistant Public Prosecutors on contractual basis. However, the number of vacancies may increase or decrease if the situation so warrants.
2. AGE : The candidates applying for the post should not be more than the age of 30 years on the closing date of submission of application. The upper age limit is relaxable for the following categories subject to production of valid supporting documents :
(i) Relaxable upto five years for SC/ST/PH candidates.
(ii) Relaxable upto three years for OBC candidates
(iii) Relaxable upto five years for Central / UT Govt. and Other State
Government servants (10 years for persons belonging to SC/ST and 08
years for persons belonging to OBC.)
3. Period of contract : The contract is initially for a period of six months or till the regular recruitment of Assistant Public Prosecutors is made by the UPSC whichever is earlier. The contract of selected Assistant Public Prosecutors will automatically stand terminated on the completion of contract period. The renewal / or fresh contract is on the sole discretion of the Appointing Authority. The said engagement on contractual basis may be terminated at any time by a month’s notice given by either side and without assigning any reason. The Govt., however, reserves the right to terminate the services forthwith or before the expiry of the stipulated period of notice by making payment to him of a sum equivalent to the consolidated remuneration for the period of notice or the unexpired portion thereof.
4. EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION : A degree in law from the recognized University.
5. EXPERIENCE :
(i) Minimum three years’ experience at the Bar is essential.
(ii) Experience as Govt. advocate is desirable.
6. SELECTION CRITERIA : The applications of the candidates would be shortlisted on the basis of eligibility conditions and thereafter the candidates will be called for interview by the Selection / Expert Committee. The Expert/ Selection Committee will select the candidates on the basis of their professional ability.
7. REMUNERATION : (a) The remuneration payable to candidates would be equal to the minimum of the pay band (i.e. 9300-34800) `9300/- + Grade Pay `4600/- + DA applicable on the date of offer of appointment which will remain fixed for the purpose of calculation of monthly pay till the contract is valid.
(b) The Assistant Public Prosecutors so selected will be entitled to lump sum monthly salary as mentioned above and no other allowances will be admissible to them. The appointees shall also not be entitled to any benefits like PF, gratuity, seniority, promotions etc.
8. JOB REQUIREMENTS : The selected candidates would be assigned the work, which is normally assigned to an APP, including appearing in Metropolitan Magistrate courts anywhere in Govt. of NCT of Delhi for defending the State, in criminal matters/cases, teach law in Police Training College or any other institution/ organization and give advice to police in criminal cases / maintain record/ statistical information of criminal cases pending in MM courts. In special cases, the selected candidates can be assigned duty outside Delhi with special permission.
9.RECEIPT AND SCRUTINY OF APPLICATIONS : All the applicants are required to attach attested copies of educational qualifications, experience, caste or any other relevant certificate alongwith the application form. Any application received without requisite documents shall be rejected summarily. The Appointing Authority reserves the right to reject any application without assigning any reason thereof. The Chief Secretary/ Appointing Authority will be the final authority to decide the matter in case of any dispute arising in respect of selection procedure.
- Last date for submission of Application: 07/05/2014 (till 05:00 PM)
- View more details and Official Notification & Download Application Form Here